WE CAN'T DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT! EVEN $5 WILL HELP! MAKE A DONATION TODAY!
- March 26, 2017
- March 1, 2017
- February 4, 2017
- January 22, 2017
- DeVos Confirmation Hearing Review
- Education Freedom Groups Understand Dangers of Common Core & School Choice
- Federalist Publishes Robbins-Effrem Rebuttal to SEL Proponent's Attack in DeVos-funded Website
- Betsy & Jeb's High Standards Snake Oil Sale
FSCCC has joined with five other groups to form Common Ground to work on the biggest issues in Florida education - The Tea Party Network, Fund Education Now, Florida Parents RISE, Opt Out Leon County, and Accountabaloney. Here are summaries of some of the bills we have been working on and our recommendations for them:
SB 926/HB 773 - The allegedly "fewer, better tests" bill doesn't eliminate any tests and actually means "fewer will pass" for academcially dubious reasons, plus it expands CBE. Common Ground and FSCCC strongly oppose this bill as written!
SB 964/HB 1249 - This is an excellent bill that has strong legislative and organizational bipartisan support, including from Common Ground and FSCCC.
Competency Based Education
CONGRATULATIONS! Thanks to your activism and diligence to protect the hearts and minds of your children, SETRA, the Strengthening Education Through Research Act, with its plan to do social emotional research on our kids, was blocked for an entire two-year session of Congress and has not yet been reintroduced in 2017!
1. BE INFORMED - READ THE EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF OUR POLICY ANALYSIS AND THE MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH COMMON CORE ON THIS WEBSITE, SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL ALERTS AND NEWSLETTERS USING THE BUTTON ON THE RIGHT, AND FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.
2. INFORM OTHERS - OBTAIN PROFESSIONALLY BOUND AND BULK COPIES OF OUR POLICY ANALYSIS FOR LEGISLATORS, FRIENDS AND FAMILY; ORDER OUR DVDs; PASS OUT OUR BOOKMARKS IN CAR LINES AND AT SPORTING EVENTS; FORWARD OUR NEWSLETTERS, SHARE OUR FACEBOOK POSTS AND RETWEET THE LATEST NEWS, AND WEAR OUR T-SHIRTS.
4. SUPPORT US FINANCIALLY - WE CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR HELP! PLEASE USE THE RAISE THE MONEY LINK AT THE RIGHT! YOU MAY ALSO PAY BY CHECK TO FSCCC, INC. MAILED TO:
116 COUSLEY DRIVE SE