WE CAN'T DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT! EVEN $5 WILL HELP! MAKE A DONATION TODAY!
- March 30, 2017
- March 29, 2017
- March 26, 2017
- March 1, 2017
- DeVos Confirmation Hearing Review
- Education Freedom Groups Understand Dangers of Common Core & School Choice
- Federalist Publishes Robbins-Effrem Rebuttal to SEL Proponent's Attack in DeVos-funded Website
- Betsy & Jeb's High Standards Snake Oil Sale
FSCCC has joined with five other groups to form Common Ground to work on the biggest issues in Florida education - The Tea Party Network, Fund Education Now, Florida Parents RISE, Opt Out Leon County, and Accountabaloney. Here are summaries of some of the bills we have been working on and our recommendations for them:
SB 926/HB 773 - The allegedly "fewer, better tests" bill doesn't eliminate any tests and actually means "fewer will pass" for academcially dubious reasons, plus it expands CBE. Common Ground and FSCCC strongly oppose this bill as originally written!
- Fact Sheet
- Press Release
- Bill Summary
- FSCCC Analysis
- UPDATE! Video Interview of Dr. Effrem by Randy Osborne - status of bill after Senate Education Committee. The bad proficiency language was removed but with a duplicative study of achievement levels. Some good amendments like actually removing 4 EOCs and VAM, plus a paper and pencil option, and a study to substitute the SAT/ACT, PERT, AP, etc. for high school tests have all been added to SB 926 Please thank Senators Montford, Simmons, Lee, and Mayfield for their work on this!
1. BE INFORMED - READ THE EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF OUR POLICY ANALYSIS AND THE MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH COMMON CORE ON THIS WEBSITE, SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL ALERTS AND NEWSLETTERS USING THE BUTTON ON THE RIGHT, AND FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.
2. INFORM OTHERS - OBTAIN PROFESSIONALLY BOUND AND BULK COPIES OF OUR POLICY ANALYSIS FOR LEGISLATORS, FRIENDS AND FAMILY; ORDER OUR DVDs; PASS OUT OUR BOOKMARKS IN CAR LINES AND AT SPORTING EVENTS; FORWARD OUR NEWSLETTERS, SHARE OUR FACEBOOK POSTS AND RETWEET THE LATEST NEWS, AND WEAR OUR T-SHIRTS.
4. SUPPORT US FINANCIALLY - WE CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR HELP! PLEASE USE THE RAISE THE MONEY LINK AT THE RIGHT! YOU MAY ALSO PAY BY CHECK TO FSCCC, INC. MAILED TO:
116 COUSLEY DRIVE SE